Effective from 16 September 2013
If we change these Use Terms, we will post the revised document here with an updated effective date. If we make significant changes to these Use Terms, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page.
1. Information About Us
- 1.1 The Site is operated by DMG Events (UK) Limited (“we”, “our”, or “us”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 2246951 and have our registered office at Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT. Our VAT number is GB494161435.
VAT number: GB 494 1614 35
2. Changes to our Site
- 2.1 We may update our Site from time to time and may change the context at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
- 2.2 We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
3. Access to the Site
- 3.1 We shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice.
- 3.2 From time to time, we may restrict access to all or some parts of the Site to users who have registered with us. Only one registration per person is allowed. You must keep your registration information up to date.
- 3.3 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You must not:
- (a) impersonate or try to impersonate another person;
- (b) disclose your password to anyone else;
- (c) allow anyone else to use your account;
- (d) use anyone else’s account.
- 3.4 If you think that someone else may have access to, or be using, your password or account, you must tell us as soon as possible by using the “contact us” email on our home page.
- 3.5 We reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to all or some parts of the Site if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with these Use Terms.
4. Intellectual Property and Permitted Use
- 4.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 4.2 You may print and download extracts from the Site for personal non-commercial use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posed on our Site on the following basis:
- (a) no documents or related graphics are modified in any way;
- (b) no graphics are used separately from accompanying text; and
- (c) no copyright and trade mark notices are removed.
- 4.3 You agree not to:
- (a) use the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to so from us or from our licensors;
- (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any content of the Site except as permitted above.
5. Material Submitted by You
- 5.1 Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with provisions below.
- 5.2 You warrant that if any contribution by you does not comply with the provisions of these Use Terms, you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- 5.3 Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- 5.4 We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party, who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. This includes complying with any law enforcement authorities or under any court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone submitting material which is contrary to these Use Terms.
- 5.5 We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
- 5.6 We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site and from our database at our sole discretion if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the provisions of these Use Terms.
- 5.7 The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
- 5.8 You agree not to submit any material:
- (a) that is false, misleading, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening, offensive, abusive, likely to cause someone anxiety or distress, encourages violence or racial or religious hatred, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or
- (b) that infringes any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material; or
- (c) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data); or
- (d) which encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful.
6. Data Protection and Privacy
- 6.1 We use and process your personal information in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy which is available on the home page of our Site.
- 6.2 We hold a data protection registration and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
7. Third Party Content and Links to Third Party Sites
- 7.1 We are not liable or responsible for the third party content on the Site. Third party content includes, for example, comments posted by other users and display advertising.
- 7.2 Where the Site contain links to other sites and resources which are provided by third parties, these links and resources are provided for your information only and you access them at your own risk. We are not liable or responsible for the content of third party sites or resources.
8. Linking by you to our Site
- 8.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 8.2 You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you. Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
- 8.3 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 8.4 The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Use Terms.
9. Our Liability
- 9.1 The material contained on the Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should carry out your own check in respect of any information on the Site and use your own judgment before doing or not doing anything on the basis of what you see. The materials on the Site are provided “as is” and we give no warranties of any kind in relation to the materials on the Site.
- 9.2 We are not liable for:
- (a) any action you may take as a result of relying on any information/materials provided on the Site or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking such action; or
- (b) any dealings you have with third parties (e.g. suppliers of goods or services or advertisers) that take place using or facilitated by the Site;
- (c) any liability for any third party content or resources on the Site; or
- (d) any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) your use of the Site, or (ii) a breach by us of these Use Terms.
- 9.3 We are not responsible if you cannot use the Site properly or at all because of any event outside our control (e.g. the performance of your or our internet service provider, your browser or the internet.)
- 9.4 The Site relies in part on software to work. Software has bugs. Whilst we monitor the Site and try to fix bugs promptly, we do not guarantee that the Site will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses.
- 9.5 Nothing in these Use Terms affects any liability which we may have for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
10. Validity of these Use Terms
- 10.1 If any part or provision of these Use Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
11. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- 11.1 These Use Terms are governed by English law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim brought by you arising from, or related to, use of the Site and these Use Terms.